Friday 16 November 2007

Sorry Self

Last week I was feeling a little better after a frightful cold and focusing on going on a course with work. However a day or so before going away I noticed an allergic reaction on my neck. It became itchy and spread a little. I had just changed three products from my usual items. Shampoo, conditioner and soap. I also changed my washing powder. I should have been more careful I thought. So I went away and was rather itchy and embarrassed by the rash. Things could be worse I said to myself. I used anti histamines and a cream too. But by today my neck and face were more uncomfortable and sore. I don't go to the doctors as I don't want to waste their time over things there is no cure for like colds or anything you can buy creams for over the counter!

Big mistake people! At the doctors today I was asked if I had had chicken pox. 'Yes, I think so' tubby Welsh girl replies. Her response after looking down my top and all around my shoulders was You have shingles I think! Oh great! me thinks! Dr announces that if I had come in within 2-3 days of noticing the rash I could have had tablets to help rid me of the virus but oh no not now! BUMMMMMMM!!!!!! So now I have cream and that is about it! I can take pain killers! GREAT! Things could still be worse. I know!

I am taking a sick day tomorrow as advised (feel bad about that) But I am off for nearly two weeks on holiday and that will be spent staying in getting better, and seeing if this thing goes away!

Lesson learnt! Go to the Doctors when you feel ill straight away! agghhhhh

2 comments:

LJ said...

Sending healing vibes your way from Canada!

Little Stitcher said...

thanks I need them!

Boys Quilt

Boys Quilt

Love Quilt

Love Quilt

Close up of dads quilt

Close up of dads quilt
You can clearly see all the detail from each of the pictures

Quilt for dad!

Quilt for dad!
Detail- isn't it pretty

Dads Quilt

Dads Quilt
Detail of dads quilt

Quilt for Dad

Quilt for Dad
Given to my dad for his birthday