Friday 22 June 2007

Tea cosy for Margaret




I hunted out an issue of 'Simply Knitting' tonight. I decided I would make myself a cardi with the many delightful yarns I have stashed in my cupboard. I picked a lovely purple ar
an. So hunting through my back issues of 'Simply Knitting' I was stunned to see such lovely patterns for all sorts of things. You know what it is like. You buy these magazines and think how you will make all sorts of pretties. They get put aside and then forgotten about.


Well I ended up seeing a lovely crochet pattern for cushions and also for a blanket. I must stress I cannot crochet but really want to learn. I decided tonight was not the time. So I flicked through the same magazine and saw this pattern for a tea cosy. Margaret whom I work with wants one and I am sure she will not have got around to making one from a pattern that I gave her. So as a house warming present and to stop me going insane with boredom I decided to start this for her.












I am not sure how long it will take but I hope I get it done quickly. I need to get rid of bits and bobs from my flat and sort out my clothes as I am hoping to move soon. My noisy neighbour is now letting his 40 year old grandson take over the reigns in driving me crazy with late night drunken noise! I have seen a lovely house locally but I need more hours at work to be able make the move. We will see. Pray for me people! xxxxx








I think I ought to get back to my knitting frenzy now. I think it will look super cute when it is finished! I have not looked at what yarn to use for the flowers yet. I will wait until the main piece is done. I didn't use cream yarn as I thought the tea will stain too much. I liked the soft green better, I was thinking of nature. Well have a lovely weekend. I am working tomorrow (Sat) so when you are all snug in bed, think of me in your dreams! xxxx

No comments:

Boys Quilt

Boys Quilt

Love Quilt

Love Quilt

Close up of dads quilt

Close up of dads quilt
You can clearly see all the detail from each of the pictures

Quilt for dad!

Quilt for dad!
Detail- isn't it pretty

Dads Quilt

Dads Quilt
Detail of dads quilt

Quilt for Dad

Quilt for Dad
Given to my dad for his birthday