Tuesday 29 May 2007

At Long Last




I have finally found a cabinet that I could afford and liked. It is a bit battered and my plan was to update it like the table. When I got it home I cleaned it, which it was crying out for. That took a while as it has lots of little nooks!



I also pulled the two layers of wallpaper off the back board and also the layer of material underneath these. I will paint that later. I don't feel I need to paint the outside as it isn't as bad as I thought. I will need to mix up some brown acrylic paint to cover a couple of dings. I couldn't resist putting my art deco Grindley Gaiety pottery in the cabinet. I was so excited! I felt about 6 years old again!It took a while to move things around and I was pooped afterwards! I had to move a bookcase and lots of heavy books and a little chest. I still need to sort through that.



It seem so surreal after wanting my own pottery for so long and a cabinet for it that I have it all. I feel very lucky. I know it is only cheap stuff and hardly fit for a queen but I like it and it is special because Stoatie bought me some of the pottery along with our previous boss Ray.



I also bought some lantern lights. They were a bargain at £2. I felt like a princess last night. It was such a pity when this morning I woke up and threw up! Ah well it gave me the chance to watch lots of 'Murder She Wrote'. I tried to plan some quilts. I laid out some 4" squares in various patterns. The best was really bright butterflies with plain black and red squares. It was vibrant and very funky. oh and small. I couldn't get the others right. So if it doesn't work I try a few times then go back to it at a later date. When I get on with them I will post them here. Ok time to chill, take care.



Please don't forget if there is anyone with information about Madeleine McCann please follow the link to her site.

1 comment:

an equal opportunity eater said...

that quilt you made for your dad looks awesome , the colors graduate through the spectrum seamlessly.

also is that a Tamara de Lempicka painting on your wall?

Boys Quilt

Boys Quilt

Love Quilt

Love Quilt

Close up of dads quilt

Close up of dads quilt
You can clearly see all the detail from each of the pictures

Quilt for dad!

Quilt for dad!
Detail- isn't it pretty

Dads Quilt

Dads Quilt
Detail of dads quilt

Quilt for Dad

Quilt for Dad
Given to my dad for his birthday